CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Philip F. Blumberg is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Blumberg Partners. Blumberg Partners, as an institutional Investment Manager, has sponsored and managed among the top rated and performing investment Funds in the US. Mr. Blumberg is Chairman of the firm’s Investment Committee.
The firm's real estate investments, managed by Blumberg Real Estate, have generated among the highest returns in the US over a 16 year track record.
Blumberg Partners also includes Blumberg Grain, a leading global Food Security firm and Blumberg Steel a steel fabrication and component manufacturer.
Mr. Blumberg has been featured as a frequent guest speaker on CNBC, Reuters, Fox and other media outlets to provide his comments on cyclical investing, market dynamics, as well as responsible fiduciary investing.
Mr. Blumberg has been very active in leadership of charitable, civic and governmental organizations:
- Mr. Blumberg serves on the President’s Advisory Group of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Mr. Blumberg is Vice Chairman of the U.S.-Egypt Business Council.
- He also serves on the Board of Directors of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Africa Business Center.
- Mr. Blumberg is a member of United for Africa’s Democratic Future, an organization dedicated to advancing democracy in Africa.
- Mr. Blumberg serves on the Board of Governors of the Florida Chamber of Commerce and has served on that organization’s Board of Directors for ten years.
- He was Chairman of the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce for 2000-2001.
- He has been a member of the Florida Council of 100, made up of Florida’s top 100 businessmen, appointed by the Governor and served on their Board of Directors.
- He also served on the Board of WAGES, the agency responsible for welfare reform in Florida.
- He was a member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Miami, and currently serves on the Board of Visitors of the University of North Carolina and the Florida International University President’s Council. Mr. Blumberg serves on the Board of Trustees of the Council for Educational Change (Annenberg Challenge).
- Mr. Blumberg was Co-Chairman of the Olympic Soccer Organization Committee, hosting the Soccer Tournament of the 1996 Olympic Games.
- Mr. Blumberg is a member of the Orange Bowl Committee (a host for the NCAA annual football play-off tournament) and served on its Board of Directors.
- Mr. Blumberg was selected to participate in the Joint Civilian Orientation Conference (JCOC-64) in April 2001 conducted by the U.S. Department of Defense.
Through the Blumberg Foundation, Mr. Blumberg funds efforts to fight poverty, homelessness and drug abuse.
Mr. Blumberg is Chairman of the Board of Americans for Veterans, a charity that assists disabled American veterans.
He also serves on the Board of Directors of the Community Partnership for the Homeless.
Mr. Blumberg received his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School and his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill with Honors in Business.
For additional information, see Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in Finance and Industry.